Monday, March 22, 2010

My New Life


It's another hot afternoon.Long time since I was deprived of the centralised AC of my office.Yes,one major drawback of quitting job,besides getting bored to death and inventing new ways to die.

Waking up,jumping on the weighing scale,sighing,switching on the PC,checking mails(as it is non-working people like me dont get many emails),trying to show-off my high level of productivity on Farmville via Facebook,a cursory glance towards Orkut(it has become rather obsolete),watching out for friends' birthdays,cursing job-sites for their irrelevant job-postings,eating a saintly diet of curd and cucumber,cursing KKR for losing like perfect losers,lamenting my own life for being what it is,counting positives,taking a walk and a smoke in the evening,hunting down whoever's free to spend some time with me,driving our new car fearfully(lest i dent or scratch it),getting hold of anything and everything readable,and abusing my PC keyboard and my powerful-eyes.Oh,not to forget the ever increasing mobile and internet bills due to these activities of mine.

And to add to all woes and worries,my mom's constant reminders as to how all her friends' and sisters' and relatives' children are getting married and "settling down".As if they were suspended particles in the atmosphere before marriage!

Even taking up mundane and previously boring and taxing jobs like tidying and dusting the house is becoming a little freakish.Must device something very soon to help me stay grounded to sanity.

2 comments:

  1. As if they were suspended particles in the atmosphere before marriage! - this sigle sentence demands a standing ovation........

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you..it was a brief moment of inspiration :-)

    ReplyDelete